Back to overview
The jury members have been nominated
The jury for the German Book Prize 2021 has been chosen. The Akademie Deutscher Buchpreis (German Book Prize Academy) has appointed the following seven literature experts to the jury:
- Knut Cordsen (culture editor, Bayerischer Rundfunk)
- Bettina Fischer (director Literaturhaus Cologne)
- Anja Johannsen (director Literarisches Zentrum Göttingen)
- Richard Kämmerlings (literary correspondent, Die Welt)
- Sandra Kegel (head of the literature and arts section Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung)
- Beate Scherzer (bookseller, Proust Wörter + Töne)
- Anne-Catherine Simon (editor of the literature and arts section, Die Presse)
The members of the jury decide who receives the German Book Prize 2021. To ensure the greatest level of independence for the award, the Akademie Deutscher Buchpreis selects a new jury every year. It is possible to serve as a member of the jury more than once.
More information about this year's jury is available here.