Back to overview
The jury members have been nominated
The jury for the German Book Prize 2023 has been chosen. The Akademie Deutscher Buchpreis (German Book Prize Academy) has appointed the following seven literature experts to the jury:
- Shila Behjat (journalist and publicist)
- Heinz Drügh (Goethe University Frankfurt am Main)
- Melanie Mühl (Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung)
- Lisa Schumacher (bookshop “Steinmetz’sche Buchhandlung”, Offenbach)
- Katharina Teutsch (independent critic)
- Florian Valerius (bookshop “Gegenlicht Buchhandlung”, Trier)
- Matthias Weichelt (Sinn und Form literary journal)
The members of the jury decide who receives the German Book Prize 2023. To ensure the greatest level of independence for the award, the Akademie Deutscher Buchpreis selects a new jury every year. It is possible to serve as a member of the jury more than once.
More information about this year's jury is available here.